|Aliases||Susan, Monarch of Darkness, Lovechild, Susie, Sue|
|Family|| Oceanbird (Mother)|
|Occupation||Student, Evil Genius|
|First Appearance||"Dexter's Rival"|
|Voiced by||Eddie Deezen Season 1-4, 5, 6|
Susan "Classic Mandark" Astronomanov is the main antagonist in Dexter's Laboratory. He hates Dexter because of him being so much of a smarter and better genius than him and he wants to destroy Dexter so that he will be the best genius around. He is voiced by Eddie Deezen.
A bolt of lightning came out of the sky with no exclamation and hit him in the head. This lightning made him become truly evil, but Oceanbird and Windbear were unaware of it while they wanted him to be a good loving lovechild to the earth just like themselves.
His parents wanted to think of a name for him, and so they began describing what kind of name he would get. They wanted a name that was beyond the conforms of society, beyond the preconceived gender connotations, a name that is whispered softly through the canyon winds, and so they named him Susan and the moment they named him Susan, he started crying. Susan hated his life and he hated everything that was happening to him because it was all nothing like what he wanted.
One day when he was wallowing about his shameful habitat of life, he came across a strangely placed piece of technology that was randomly located right there out in the middle of Flowertopia with know exclamation as to why. Susan loved everything about this thing, he loved the way it looked, the way it felt, the way it worked. He turned it on and it created a bright light of science. If he could only master this thing called science he knew he could control the world. Oceanbird and Windbear however did not approve of this. They believed in living on earth the way it was created, back when it was pure and not overrun by technology, and so they took it from and him and instead did many activities together with him and he hated all of them because they all had nothing to do with technology or science.
Eventually, the trio moved into a suburban neighborhood in a nice little home where they would settle with as their new home. Susan went out for a walk one day there when he came across Dexter who was building an invention of his. When Susan saw this he was fascinated by how outstanding it was. He knew this was science and he wanted to know all about it. He greeted Dexter and wanted to be friends with him. Dexter said he was far too busy and said goodbye to him also calling him a little girl. Susan tried to tell him that he was actually a boy, but because he looked so much like a girl with his long hair and pink dress, Dexter was confused as to how he could be a boy. He asked what his name was and he told him it was Susan. Dexter burst out into laughter over this hilarious incident. Susan was so annoyed by his laughter and mockery, he became enraged and decided he would all longer be nice.
He ran up into his room, and took his light bulb piece of technology and started to build himself an evil laboratory where he would do evil experiments with technology. One that would help him take over the world. He also changed his physical appearance to become more fitting of his gender. He gave himself a bowl-cut hairdo where he literally took a bowl and cut his hair along the rim of it, and he dressed in glasses, a suit, and a tie. Then, he changed his name to a name that would express the darkness that flowed through him, and the man that he knew he would be. He would change his name to Classic Mandark. Then, he found his goal in life, to dominate Dexter, the world, and become the smartest genius ever.
In the episode "Dexter's Rival" Classic Mandark then began going to Huber Elementary School. He happened to have started coming on the first day of school. He sat right next to Dexter in class. Dexter didn't even recognize who he was because he looked so different. Classic Mandark was immediately being a smarter student than Dexter and he had officially taken the throne of being the smartest student in the school. Classic Mandark asked Dexter to show him his secret laboratory. Dexter showed it to him thinking that this would be the one thing that he doesn't have. Classic Mandark looked at it but he was unimpressed by it's lack of creativity. Then, he showed Dexter his own secret laboratory which was so much more highly sophisticated and developed than his. He told Dexter to shut down his laboratory because it was using up valuable power that he could be using to take over the world. He threatened to tell the world about his secret laboratory if he didn't so Dexter shut his lab down.
In the episode "Dee Dee's Rival", it is revealed that he has a little sister named Olga Astronomonov, who goes by the name of "Lalavava" instead similar to how Susan goes by the name of Classic Mandark rather than his real name. She seems to have total control over him because she is stronger and scarier than him. Lalavava got into a rivalry with Dee Dee the same way Dexter did with Mandark. She and Dee Dee treat each other the same way Dexter and Mandark do, only they fight over who is a better dancer instead of who is a smarter genius. Strangely enough, after the episode ended, Lalavava had never been seen or mentioned again.
There were also many seasons 3 and 4 episodes that denied Lalavava even existing to begin with. Lalavava was 8 years old at the time Classic Mandark was 13, but in the episode "A Boy Named Sue" Classic Mandark was having his 11th birthday and a 6 year old Lalavava was not present. Even when the entire family was moving, Lalavava was still nowhere to be seen. In the episode "Mountain Mandark" Oceanbird, Windbear, and Classic Mandark all went out on a family wilderness retreat and Lalavava was still absent. Then again, the 3rd and 4th seasons of Dexter's Laboratory were not officially canon episodes due to the fact that they were not created by Gennedy Tartakovsky, the original creator of Dexter's Laboratory.
After season 2 (Excluding Ego Trip ended, Classic Mandark seems to have built a new laboratory with a more dark, evil look, topped off with a red glow. His laboratory used to have been a yellow and gray glass, bulby, futuristic laboratory. This may have been out of his anger toward Dexter and his evil expanding. The strange thing is that in the episode "A Boy Named Sue" it showed Classic Mandark first building his laboratory and he built it in the creepy gothic look.
In the episode "My Dad vs Your Dad", Dexter and Classic Mandark's dads both got into a rivalry with each other that was very similar to him and Dexter and Dee Dee and Lalavava. Since then, everybody in Classic Mandark and Dexter's family have gotten into a rivalry with each other except for their moms. However, in the end of the episode, Classic Mandark and Dexter bet that their moms could beat the other mom up. It is implied that their moms got into a rivalry just like their dads did but then again, it was still never seen in the show.
Classic Mandark is a tall boy who has a black bowl-cut hairstyle that lays around the top of his head like a helmet. It has a white shiny glare on it and an M shaped opening at the bottom. This hairstyle was passed down to him by his father Windbear which was also passed down to his little sister Lalavava. Classic Mandark has a head that is big at the top and gets skinnier at the bottom near his neck. He has nerdy glasses which look exactly like Dexter's and he wears a white dress shirt, a yellow tie with black stripes, blue shorts, and brown shoes.
- Dexter - Dexter is Mandark's worst enemy. He hates him because he is so much smarter than him and he is always trying to destroy him so that he can be the smartest genius around.
- Lalavava - Also known as Olga, Lalavava is Mandark's sister. She is way younger and smaller than him, but she takes total control over him because she is stronger and more powerful than him, similar to Gaz on Invader Zim. She always scares and abuses him to make him do whatever she wants.
- Oceanbird - Oceanbird is Mandark's mom. She does not understand his craving for evil and she wants him to always be nice the same way she is.
- Windbear - Mandark's father, Windbear is always trying to quench Mandark's craving for fighting and evil.
- Quackor - Quackor is Mandark's pet lab duck. Quackor has a supervillain secret identity that he is unaware of and she always goes out being evil whenever he is not looking. In the episode "A Quackor Cartoon", Quackor fell in love with Monkey who was Dexter's pet lab monkey. Mandark was in shock to see this and he fainted and so was Dexter.
- Dexter's Rival
- Rushmore Rumble
- Sun, Surf, and Science
- Quackor the Fowl
- Mock 5
- The Laughing
- Let's Save the World You Jerk!
- Dexter and Computress Get Mandark!
- Dee Dee's Rival
- Framed (Cameo)
- Last But Not Beast
- If Memory Serves
- School Girl Crushed
- Dos Boot
- A Boy Named Sue
- Comic Stripper
- Mountain Mandark
- Babe Sitter
- 2 Geniuses 2 Gether 4 Ever
- Garage Sale
- A Mandark Cartoon
- My Dad vs Your Dad
- Sis-Tem Error (Mentioned)
- Used Ink
- A Quackor Cartoon
- The Lab of Tomorrow (Non-Speaking)
- Dexter's Wacky Races
- Ego Trip
- "HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA!" - Various Episodes
- "Please don't hurt me, Please don't hurt me, Please don't hurt me." - Various Episodes
- "The answer is helium." - Dexter's Rival
- "Please sir, call me Mandark." - Dexter's Rival
- "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" - Various Episodes
- "Mr. Luzinski, may I please be seated in the front of you classroom so that I can obtain the full capacity of your educationally intended teachings." - Dexter's Rival
- "Yes Dexter, I can read your thoughts and I am smarter than you." - Dexter's Rival
- "Oh Dexter, it feels as if forever has passed since the day you destroyed my lab." - Mandarker
- "Was that a Bipolar appendage?" - Rushmore Rumble
- "After countless experiments, all testing proves negative, no enhanced features, no physical mutations, NO NOTHING!, It seems you shall never become anything more than a mere ducky. Oh well, I guess you're special trick will have to do the job." - Quackor the Fowl
- "It's bedtime Dexter. PERMANANTLY!" - Momdark
- "Chew chew chew, chew chew chew chew chew." - A Mandark Cartoon
- "WHA HA HA, WHA HA HA HA HA!" - A Mandark Cartoon
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion
Mandark serves as an assist in this game. When he comes out, he pulls out guns that shoot heat-seeking missiles at everyone except for the person who gets him out. He synergizes with the Toiletnator.