|Season N/A, Episode N/A|
|Air date||January 22, 2013|
|Written by||Chong Lee, Graig McCracken|
|Directed by||Rob Renzetti|
Last But Not Beast
Rude Removal, known by fans as Dexter's Rude Removal, was the never-before seen, and highly controversial episode of Dexter's Laboratory. The episode was only aired in animation festivals in February 1998. The episode was banned from Cartoon Network due to the censored profanity. Considered a lost episode for over a decade, the episode was released on CN's adult block Adult Swim in January 2013.
Dexter builds a machine to make Dee Dee less rude, but Dee Dee argues him that he is the rude one. The argument breaks out into a fight and they both go into the machine which removes their rudeness and makes rude clones of them that go around cussing at their parents giving them the blame.
Dexter is putting the finishing touches on another one of his latest inventions. However, Dee Dee enters the lab and sees two tanks filled with gas and mischievously makes the gas explode in Dexter's hair. Dee Dee then asks what he's making, and Dexter explains it's called the Rude Removal system. He explains to her that he is going to use the machine to remove her rudeness and make her be more polite. Dee Dee denies this and retaliates back saying that he is the one who is rude. They then argued about who's rude and who's NOT! Dee Dee sarcastically replies that she is the rude one and kicks Dexter by the butt, causing Dexter to turn on the system. Dexter finally is able to tackle her, unfortunately this makes them both roll into the rude removal system, causing both of them to have their rudeness removed. After this happend, the two to have British accents and act more polite than before. This also however, creates two evil, rude duplicates of them both in the other end of the machine. The rude duplicates start cussing and beating up Dexter and Dee Dee and they run off cussing and destroying the lab.
Mom calls the two down for lunch, so the evil copies of Dexter and Dee Dee smash their way downstairs, breaking things and cursing. Just as they reach the dining room, they stop swearing and sit down at the table, they then proceed to shovel food in their mouths while making rude noises. Mom asks them how they're enjoying the meal, evil Dexter answers with a profane sentence, to which evil Dee Dee counters with more swearing, this makes Mom faint. When Mom awakens, she is caught between a food fight between the rude clones, further angering her and yelling at the two to go to their rooms "forever." In response to the request, Rude Dexter starts to back-talk Mom by telling her "to do what all good mothers do and clean up the mess yourself," then leaves the kitchen with Rude Dee-Dee. Rude Dexter spots Nice Dexter and Dee-Dee and tells their nice couterparts that their mother wanted them. They accept the matter and ask their evil clones where they were going, in which Rude Dexter replies, "Yeah, we're gonna go f**k up your lab!" The nice Dexter and Dee-Dee do not take the threat too seriously and go on to the kitchen where Mom equips Nice Dee-Dee with a mop and demands the clones to clean up the mess the rude counterparts made while she went out to get a bar of soap to "clean out" their mouths. When the nice counterparts are about to clean, they hear the rude clones destroying the lab, which lead their nice counterparts to stop their cleaning, leave a note for Mom and head to the lab before further destruction is made.
The normal Dexter and Dee Dee come to and are able to get their evil twins back to the lab, where they destroy them.The two then leave the lab as Dexter announces he was glad that there was no harm done, as they come around a corner, they see Mom standing before them menacingly with a bar of soap in her hand, she angrily calls Dexter and Dee Dee over to her, obviously intending to wash their mouths out with it. As Dexter looks into the camera, he says, "Ohhhhhhhh, s**t." before the iris wears out.
- Dee Dee: Oooh, Dexter's got gas! Whatcha doin'? Are you making a shrink ray, hmm? Or a remote control that can turn ya into an-ee-mals, hmm, hmm? Or is it just another dumb robot, hmm? What is it? Huh? Huh?
- Dexter: Shut up, shut up, shut up! So you want to know what my ingenious invention is, do you?!
- Dee Dee: You know it, bro!
- Dexter: It is GREAT! That's what it is!
- Dee Dee: You're right, Dexter. I AM the rude one. (Literally kicks Dexter in the butt) See?
- Good Dee Dee: Bravo Dexter, your rude removal syatem is a smashing sucess.
- Good Dexter: Quite, like I said before, It takes the rudeness of a person, removes it, and then contains it.
- Rude Dexter: Where the f**k are we?
- Rude Dee Dee: Beats the c**p out of me.
- Good Dexter: Why, you're in Dexter's Laboratory, silly. I'm Dexter, and this golden-haired angel behind me is my charming sister, Dee Dee.
- Good Dee Dee: Charmed!
- Rude Dexter: Ah, f**k off.
- Good Dexter and Good Dee-Dee: (gasps) OH DEAR!!!
- Good Dexter: Ahem. Excuse me sir, but we think that was very rude and we are in want of an apology.
- Rude Dexter: Yeah, here's your f**king apology!
- Mom: Kids! Lunch time!
- Rude Dexter: Lunch time, "'m f**king starving!
- Mom: I hope you're hungry, 'cause I made a [trips over Rude Dexter] very... SPECIAL LUNCH THAT I GOT FROM A RECIPE THAT I... FOUND IN A BESSIE CRACKER MAGAZINE! [pants] I hope you like it. [dizzy] Well, what do you think Dexter?
- Rude Dexter: I think it tastes like s**t!
- Mom: Dexter! No! Absolutely not! You can not have any dessert.
- Rude Dexter: Why? You want it all to yourself?!
- Mom: (Gasps)
- Rude Dee-Dee: Hey where's the f**king candy?
- Rude Dexter: (a can hits Dexter) Hey! F**king Watch where your'e throwing that s**t!
- Rude Dee Dee: Okay I will! (tosses a can at Dexter)
- Rude Dexter: Hey!
- Rude Dexter: Hey look, it's dorkster and dumb dumb. Say nancy pants your mom want's ya.
- Good Dexter: Oh my, mother! We'd best see what she wants. (to the rude clones) So you're off then?
- Rude Dexter: Yeah, we're gonna go f**k up your lab!
- Good Dee Dee: (stifling laugh) Oh my, Dexter! That IS deceptive!
- Dexter: Phew! Glad THAT's over; no thanks to YOOOOU.
- Dee-Dee: ME?! I'M not the one who built the stupid thing.
- Dexter: For the last time is is YOU that is the rude one you big uh ... (Both see Mom holding a bar of soap)
- Mom: Now to clean those filthy mouths!
- Dexter: Ohhhhhhhhhh, s**t.
- This episode is famous for its excessive use of profanity.
- The episode contains two cultural stereotypes throughout the episode: Rude Dexter and Dee Dee have New York City accents and Nice Dexter and Nice Dee Dee have English accents.
- This is the only episode of Dexter's Lab to become an internet meme.
- It is rumored that this episode was once accidentally aired on Cartoon Network but these rumors would seem unlikely, because if it did air on TV once, the word about the episode would have gotten out sooner.
- Before the episode was released to the public, there were roumors that in this episode, one of the swears was going to be "Skull f**king d**chebag." However, this was never seen anywhere in the episode so it must have only been a myth.
- This episode is similar to "Curses" from The Powerpuff Girls, "The Word of the Day" from Rugrats, "To Bleep or Not to Bleep" from Tiny Toon Adventures, "Bleep" from Arthur, "The Bad Word" from Yoko! Jakamototo! Toto!, "Who Said That?" from Baby Looney Tunes,"Sailor Mouth" from SpongeBob SquarePants and "Bad Po" from Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.
- When Rude Dee-Dee said, "Beats the c**p out of me!" it was censored. However in the episode "Dexter Dodgeball" When the gym teacher said "'whats this crap?" it remained uncensored.
- At the beginning Dee Dee asks Dexter if he's going to make another remote control that turns people into animals, this is a reference to the pilot episode "Changes."
- The same sound that is made when Rude Dexter and Rude Dee Dee are first introduced, is heard in the episode "That Crazy Robot".
- When Rude Dexter takes a pie out of the fridge it has a red cherry on it. But when Mom doesn't allow him to have it, the cherry is purple.
- Dexter and Dee Dee's Mom said she was going to clean out both Dexter and Dee Dee's mouths with soap. Although she only heard Rude Dexter cussing and both of Rude Dee Dee's experiments were in another room or while she was unconscious. Though she did see Rude Dee Dee throwing food at Rude Dexter but this would be no reason to wash her mouth out with soap.
- When the creators were censoring out the swears to make it age appropriate for kids, they left Dee Dee doing the middle finger on the title card uncencored.
- Adult Swim released the episode on YouTube almost 6 months after its intended airing on March 13, 2013.
- Cartoon Network had to ban and reject this episode due to the characters bad swearing, even though the swear words were censored.
- A few days after it was uploaded, Adult Swim took it down from its website and made the video private on YouTube. The only way to watch it now is from other YouTube users who uploaded the episode, which soon get taken down for copyright issues. The videos only seem to be taken down if their the original uncensored versions, the censored versions of the episode never get removed. The reason for this is probably because if Cartoon Network is going to have a horrible episode out in the public like this, they want it to at least be censored so that they don't damage their title and reputation as a kid-friendly TV channel.
- The creators decided to actually air this episode on TV as long as they censored out the cuss words. It would seem odd because the creation of this episode took place after the season 2 finale and far before they had the idea to reboot the series.
- This episode was first seen at a Comic-Con.
- This is the most watched episode of Dexter's Laboratory.