|Season 3, Episode 5c|
Tele-Trauma is the third part of the fifth episode of the third season in Dexter's Laboratory. In this episode, Dexter invents a helmet that will prevent him from missing his shows. However, he later has television-based outbursts.
The episode name is a portmanteau of the words "television" and "trauma."
Dexter keeps on missing his shows because of his studying, so he invents a helmet that will help him with that. However, problems arise when Dexter starts quoting off lines from TV shows.
- Mr. Luzinsky: Hmm... odd?
- Mr. Luzinsky: Dexter, stop that immediately.
- Mr. Luzinsky: That's enough! I declare Herman the winner and Dexter go the principal's office.
- Principal: Well, Dexter your behavior, at anotarium was totally apalling, outrageous, shocking and horriorfing. So you just got to put for got to say for your self young man.
- Dexter: Well, sir. You see... All I can say is... This concludes our broadcasting good night.
- This segment was the last to feature Christine Cavanaugh as the voice of Dexter. Her replacement for the rest of the series, Candi Milo, had already voiced Dexter in the previously-aired segments, "Poppa Wheely", "The Mock Side of the Moon", and "If Memory Serves". This most likely means that "Tele-Trauma" was produced before these other segments were, despite airing afterwards.
- There was a The Powerpuff Girls reference in this episode. One of the quotes Dexter got from the TV was "Townsville's in trouble!"
- There was a Seinfeld reference in this episode. When Phillips Luzinsky came up to Dexter, Dexter said "Newman".