- This article is about the characters of the segments. For the segments, see The Justice Friends (segment)
The Justice Friends are a group of superheroes who exist in the universe of Dexter's Laboratory who aside from their eternal struggle against evil must also learn to live together under one roof to face the challenges of everyday life. They are the main characters of the back-up segments of Dexter's Laboratory.
- Major Glory is a semi-effective, caped American hero given to over-dramatic, patriotic dialogue. He is a parody of both Captain America and Superman. His love for publicity and of the paparazzi can often present more harm than good. His secret identity is concealed by several masks instead of just one, he is the nephew of Uncle Sam (currently a hippie), and he is allergic to cats. He is voiced by Rob Paulsen.
- Val Hallen is a guitar-wielding Viking god of rock with Southern Californian mannerisms. He is a parody of both the Mighty Thor and rock music guitarist Eddie Van Halen. Val Hallen's guitar is his source of divine power, as seen in the episode "Val Hallen's Room" where he was reduced to a nerd having lost it. Upon finding it, the power of the guitar restored him to his true form. However, it seems that the guitar itself does not supply an infinite amount of energy as he had to retrieve his power when Mental Mouse claimed it in the episode "Can't Nap." It's also powered by static electricity as well. Valhallen can also fly on his guitar, much the same way Mjolnir grants Thor the ability of flight in the Marvel Universe. It can be noted that his guitar bears resemblance to the Gibson "Flying" V (Most likely an inside joke for guitar players). He has been seen using various means of transportation throughout the series, such as a cross between a Viking longship and a jeep, or a chariot pulled by a goat (named Billy), similar to the chariot used by Thor in Norse mythology which is pulled by two goats. He is voiced by Tom Kenny.
- The Infraggable Krunk (or Krunk for short) is an overgrown muscle-man with arrested mental development. He parodies both the Incredible Hulk and The Thing. He wears green pants and has purple skin - an opposite to the Hulk's purple pants and green skin. His favorite television show is TV Puppet Pals. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
List of Other Justice Friends
|White Tiger||Black Panther and White Tiger||A White Tiger who has cat-like powers. He can not speak in English, instead he speaks in cat noises.|
|Living Bullet||Iron Man, The Flash and Bulletman||A bullet man who is very fast and can move very quickly.|
|Sam-R-I||Samurai and Silver Samurai||A super Samurai with a cool sword.|
|Phan Tone||Vision and Deadman||A ghostly man who goes through everything so no villains can attack him.|
|Rat Man||Batman||A superhero in a rat costume. He drives around in a Ratmobile and mainly serves a repairman for the Justice Friends.|
|Tiki Torch||Firestorm and Human Torch||A flaming tiki-headed Justice Friend.|
|Miss Spell||Scarlet Witch and Zatanna||A sorceress and the only female member of The Justice Friends.|
|Capital G||Black Goliath or Apache Chief||A superhero who has the ability to grow really big and shrink really small.|
|Snowman||Ice Man||A snowman superhero with ice and snow powers. He is lazy and usually doesn't use them.|
|Monkey||N/A||An honorary member of the Justice Friends and Dexter's lab monkey who has a superhero secret identity that he is unaware of. He also stars in his own separate segment of the show called Dial M for Monkey.|
|Fatboy||Robin and Bucky||Major Glory's pudgy sidekick in "Star Spangled Sidekicks"|
|The Declaration of Independence||The historical text and possibly the talking bill from Schoolhouse Rock!||Major Glory's trusty sidekick in "Surprise!"|
|Unknown||Hawkeye and Green Arrow||A green-clad hero who made a cameo appearance in Rasslor. Was not summoned by the champ to fight.|
|Unknown||Beast||An orange-skinned beast-man who made a cameo appearance in "Rasslor." Was not summoned to fight the champ.|
- Members of the Justice Friends have also appeared in The Powerpuff Girls episode "Members Only", however both shows take place in different continuities and the members seen there could be considered alternate versions of the ones seen in Dexter's Laboratory.
- There are several differences seen between the Justice Friends members seen in PPG and Dexter's Lab. For starters, rather than being members of the Justice Friends, they are instead part of the Association of World Super Men (A.W.S.M.) and are a men-only club, despite that Miss Spell is a member of the Justice Friends in Dexter's Lab. Krunk is also absent from AWSM while Comrade Red is considered a member despite being a villain in Dexter's Lab.
- The Justice Friends are considered a spoof or a parody of DC Comics' Justice League and Super Friends, and Marvel Comics' Avengers during their respective primes.
|Major Glory • Valhallen • Krunk • Living Bullet • White Tiger • Capital G • Rat Man • Phan Tone • Miss Spell • Tiki Torch • Sam-R-I • Snowman • Fatboy • The Declaration of Independence • Jaw of Freedom • Monkey (honorary member)|
|Doctor Diablos • Doctor Diablos' Demonic Henchmen • Minotaur • Disgruntled Postman • Bee • Comrade Red • Von Hellen • Heck Hound • Math Magician • Mental Mouse • She-Thing • Bertha the Barbarian • Grappulator • Rasslor • Barbequor • Silver Spooner • Badaxtra|
|Puppet Pal Mitch • Puppet Pal Clem • Uncle Sam • William Goat • Sirens• Global Security • Agent Honeydew • Promotor • Zebra|
Dial M for Monkey characters
|Monkey • Agent Honeydew • Commander • Global Security • Justice Friends • Ducky|
|Badaxtra • Barbequor • Huntor • Huntor's Minions • Magmanamus • Meteor • Orgon Grindor • Peltra • Quackor • Skinner • Tanner • Silver Spooner • Simion • Rasslor|
|Dexter • Dee Dee • Mandark • Promotor • Snorkdro • Space Hicks|